Sunday, June 8, 2008

A perfect moment in time

My first HOPE campers of the summer arrive tomorrow morning. All of the teenagers are returners and some of them I've known for five years. I can't wait to spend quality time with them, listen to their stories from the past year and to encourage them.

Also, as my mom said this morning, "God really does answer prayers!" A very gracious sponsor recently sent in a large check to help me go to Uganda this August. I can finally smile and believe that God is making it possible for me to walk on the ground of the continent I have desired to visit for years. It wasn't that I was questioning His ability to get me there, but rather whether or not this supposed to be the opportunity for me to go. I CANNOT WAIT to look into the eyes of orphan children and to do my best to share God's love with them while I am there. I can't wait to see the strong adults who are struggling to support each other in the midst of starvation, disease and poverty. I am already inspired by them and I am praying to understand what my role may be in relation to our brothers and sisters in Uganda.

I am so thankful for the opportunity to work with our beautiful HOPE campers who come from challenging home situations here in the US before flying to Kampala. God is blessing me immensely with the opportunity to spend time with the people He has laid on my heart.

Since my campers are arriving tomorrow, I'll probably be MIA for a while happily spending as much time with them as possible during the five days they are here at Jumonville. And, yes, Amie, it's hot here too. We're just seven degrees behind you!

2 comments:

The Sexton Crew said...

Yeah, but 7 degrees "feels like" twenty. ;-)

You mentioned the facility had taken in some child soldiers in a past post -Tim and I just finished (well, Tim is almost finished) "A Long Way Gone -Memoirs of a Boy Soldier" by Ishmael Beah. Incredibly heart-wrenching, gut-churning, and eye-opening.

Thought I'd mention it since you have sooo much spare time.

Love you and miss you! Update as often as you can.

Amie

Nancy said...

Hey Girl,
Finally got caught up in the happenings of one sweet NH. HOPE your summer is great and filled with opportunities to minister at camp. Great news about Uganda. How awesome is God to lead you to where you've known you should go all along.
Miss you my friend.
Love
Nancy