I want to go home. On Saturday night, I will be hugging Eric after a long two months apart. Time until then can't go fast enough for me.
This summer hasn't been terrible at all. I've learned a lot and have met wonderful people. Hopefully I've been encouraging to them too. Besides wanting to be back with Eric, little things make me exceptionally thankful that this is a temporary situation-- no/little access to a car in a rural setting, a co-worker who thinks it's acceptable to demean me by mockingly noting my age as often as possible, overpriced Oreos and a lack of theatre, singing and kids. :-(
On the positive side, I've made friends, mocassins and a dream-catcher. I've seen buffalo, antelope, praire dogs, horses and wild donkeys. I've managed to avoid the first three tornados on the Rosebud Reservation in the past six years. I've participated in sweat ceremonies and observed a Sun dance. I've read a lot and listened to a lot of people describe their dreams and hopes. I've created by my first promotional video. And I've learned a lot about various forms of Christian service.
Thank goodness I have a few weeks before classes start because I've been studying and writing papers all summer long. A break, especially with Eric and my family, will be amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment