Thursday, February 11, 2010

Broken

My computer had a melt-down and my car's a pididle.

But we're on it. Actually, Eric's on it. He's researching new laptops and we went looking for a headlight this afternoon. Over dinner we joked that I'm breaking everything and he's fixing it.

I didn't have any of my three classes this week so I've been working overtime at the hospital in order to take time off the day after my first overnight as chaplain and the day before the youth group sleepover (in the same week!).

Eric and I built a 7ft tall snowman yesterday afternoon while NJ announced its state of emergency.

This morning even though classes at Drew were delayed until 1pm, I was on the train headed to the city by 6:40am after waking up at 6:17(!). Didn't have time to make coffee or breakfast, nor pack a lunch or even a water bottle, so I was a little hungry today with the 1.6 mile walk to and from the Church Center in Manhattan.

Honestly, I'm enjoying everything I'm doing. I'm emotionally spent working in the hospital as a chaplain and I'm tired working long days but I'm happy with life. Eric continues to impress me daily with wise words and gentle reminders to play. I'm glad I get to spend my life with him! It's amazing to hear another person suggest dreams for the future and know that I get to be part of it. :-)

No comments: