Saturday, March 8, 2008

Delirious

It's spring break already.

I told Donna, a classmate, that I wasn't ready for spring break, that I was still enjoying things and didn't feel overwhelmed yet. She said I was delirious and wouldn't realize it until I got home...

It almost feels like a perfect moment in time, being here back at Drew enjoying old friends, making new, studying theology and looking forward to one more summer at HOPE Camp. Sure I don't know what's after seminary, but that's a few years away.

I did realize that if I became a minister, I would be Pastor Parrish. For some reason, that joke about the "Pastor-Parish Relations Committee" is funny when spoken about my mom who is Pastor Wood Parrish, but I'm not digging it for myself. I'm sure my face contorted into a diarrhea face when someone pointed that out to me for the first time this week.

So, other options include being a deacon specifing in worship arts or youth at a large church, or missionary, or ... Okay, the truth is, I have another more pressing concern: Which conference should I start the ordination (I want to be a deacon) process? I'd go into more detail, but I'm just procrastinating an essay at this point, so I'll stop here.

No comments: