Sunday, March 30, 2008

UGANDA bound

Background info: As a junior in college, I was seriously considering commiting to 10 years as a housemother in Uganda after attending a performance of the Watoto orphan's choir. Life took another direction...

Fast-forward to this semester:

On the second night on campus, I befriended Arnold, a Ugandian student at Drew who had gone to Watoto's orphanage last summer on a missions trip and was planning another trip for this summer with Eric, the current music director of the Christian a cappella group. I sat there shaking my head, "I am so jealous. I am so jealous." Wait, it's in August after camp? Wait, you need eight more people? Wait, you've already gotten a $10,000 donation? :-) One of my greatest life goals is going to become a reality, God-willing, this August when ten of us travel to Kampala for two weeks to build a house for the community.

We still have a lot of fundraising to do and if you're interested in supporting us with prayer and/or financially, we'd greatly appreciate it. Here's Watoto's offical website: www.watoto.com. If you'd like a tax-deductible receipt, you can send a check to
Watoto Child Care Ministries
P.O. Box 1320
Lutz, FL 33548
to the account of Arnold Kawuba Team.

Speaking for our team and for the community in Kampala that is striving to care for and raise up hundreds of abandoned orphans and child soldiers, thank you!

No comments: