Thursday, April 17, 2008

Being Kneaded

Life continues to be enjoyable. I've finally gotten into the groove of approx. 6 hours of class 3 days a week, enjoying lunch and the daytimes with graduate students then evenings with undergraduates, typing a paper every night or morning before class which no longer stresses me out. People keep asking if I'm looking forward to this summer as a break. Truth is, as soon as graduation is over, I'm off to Jumonville for about eleven weeks, then one week off before I go to Uganda, God willing. As soon as we return, I might need to go straight back to school. Yet, I am content and eager for each of these anticipated adventures.

God's definitely working on this heart and mind, preparing me for the possibility (and practically the inevitability) of preaching. I want to be a willing vessel for God which is translating into opening my mind to the possibilities and trusting. My problem is that I don't really like talking to large groups as myself (compared to acting). I've tried to use Moses' excuses and have been told that God will provide an Aaron when I am in need. And then God reiterated His point in Psalms 103:6-8, "The Lord works vindication and justice for all who are oppressed. He made known his ways to Moses, his acts to the people of Israel. The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love." May God lead...

1 comment:

The Sexton Crew said...

Okay, Little Miss "Kneaded" -is the dough rising yet? =) Update please.

Amie