Sometimes I'd like to ask God why he allows poverty, famine and injustice in the world when He could do something about it...but I'm afraid God might ask me the question.
~Anonymous
I have thought the exact same thing in my prayers recently! It's like as soon as the thoughts escape my mind, "Lord, please don't forget the people suffering from cholera in Zimbabwe," God responses, "Don't you forget them, Heather. What are you going to do about it?"
Have I mentioned that I am fond of the youth group I work with? Today we read a Jewish story about contentment and then watched this great video clip at www.adventconspiracy.com. They are so into missions and justice and I am glad for the opportunity to encourage them to act upon the reality that we are fortunate to have access to an endless supply of resources. Within seconds of me showing them photos of St. Pius primary school in Uganda last month, they immediately started texted their friends to collect writing utensils to ship to the school in January. They make my heart smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment