Eric and his friend from home, Mike, have a laid-back band called "When Life Hands You Lemmings" and they have their first gig tonight at the coffeehouse where I work. Mike visited a few weeks ago and he and Eric spent most their time together learning songs with Mike singing and playing acoustic while Eric played electric guitar. While I was slightly stressed trying to prep for a dance that night, Mike and Eric surprised me by taking over the dinner preparations and forcing me to take a brief nap. It was so much appreciated. Of course, I was happy to see Mike again last night when we picked him up from the train. They practiced for hours last night and only stopped for the night at 1 am when they had compiled a list of 23 songs they could use at tonight's performance. This morning, after a few moments sharing a breakfast of deviled Easter eggs (that sounds strange, doesn't it?), they grabbed their guitars again and they are continuing to learn more songs. I am so impressed with both of their musical abilities and their jive of working together. I'm also impressed that their fingers aren't bleeding!
No comments:
Post a Comment