Tuesday, December 29, 2009

This is it

In exactly five months as of today, I will be marrying Eric Valosin (God, please be willing!). After enjoying Christmas at home with my family with lots of chocolate, exotic food and wine, it's time to get serious about getting in the best health of my life in preparation to walk down the aisle. Now technically, I think it's a better idea to gain weight so that I can have years of pleasure recognizing how much better I look compared to my wedding photos... but I'll jump on board the bride bandwagon of health freaks and exercising gurus mostly because there's a goal: May 29th, 2010.

On a brides' website, I think I found the ideal "diet": eat 3 meals and 3 snacks from the 12 food groups every day and cheat once a week. I didn't even know there were 12 food groups! Even though I did a pretty good job exercising this past semester with three dance classes a week, I consistently ate only 2 food groups: pasta and nachos. Scrambled egg wraps with bacon were my Saturday morning treat. So you can imagine that I had some shopping to do if I was going to diversify my diet to include nuts, dairy, berries, lean meats, protein, whole wheat, peanut butter, olive oil, greens, beans, instant oatmeal (now I don't know what the 12th group is).

After spending 90 minutes stocking up on every discounted whole wheat cracker, frozen fruit and yogart, I'm starting this hot diet (do I really have to call it that if I'm actually encouraged to eat more food?) with a homemade smoothie. Little green specks of spinach intrigue me as I gulp the raspberry-vanilla goodness. Hopefully this enthusism will continue after I start a rigorous class and work schedule in late January. :-)

P.S. I found a wedding dress over the weekend! Now I know what exactly needs to be toned...

P.P.S. Praise God-- I don't have cancer! My doctor's been testing me for it since August and finally a specialist said I was fine.

No comments: