Monday, May 16, 2011

Ketchup of the past 5 Months

Wow, did I really not post for five months? Sorry about that.

I just completed my last semester at Drew Theological School and last Saturday, I graduated with an M.Div. :) I have greatly enjoyed the education and would recommend it to anyone with three years of time on their hands and an interest in religion and society.

Halfway through Lent, my little disease flared up and I spent a month and a half trying natural means to get better. Praise God, it worked!! It was still rough, but I didn't go to the hospital which means I won't be receiving hospital bills for the next six months! I'm so grateful I was well just enough to be able to host my parents and my parents-in-law for three days of graduation activities all culminating with me preaching on Sunday morning. I certainly felt supported and loved and after everyone left, I slept for three and a half hours.

This past semester, I've thoroughly grieved the parting of friends across the country and a change in my lifestyle and beloved community. So now that I face a summer of part-time work and much time on my own, I think I'll handle the change alright.

It helps to have a cat! I convinced Eric to get a four year old, tailless cat last week and she's keeping us great company. Her name is Pi and she had a sister named Radius in her past family. Not only does Pi provide us with company and entertainment, but she also gives us just a couple chores to do throughout the day and the reminder that we can successfully care for another. Granted it's only been a week but I think she's the perfect addition to our little family.

So that's the past five months in a wrap. Now I'm wondering what I should learn next? One has SO MUCH MORE FREE TIME without classes. No deadlines hanging over my head. It's amazing. So, should I learn a couple languages in case I decide I'd like a phd? Or should I learn how to juggle? Or how to make sushi (that's going to happen!)? Any other ideas?


No comments: