Monday, May 30, 2011

1 Year

Yesterday marked my first one year wedding anniversary. For the past eleven months, Eric and I have celebrated our month anniversaries which have had varying levels of excitement (flowers, special meals, forgotten nothings). To celebrate we went to Red Lobster where we had wanted to go after our wedding reception but didn't because of a long wait. Talk about a long wait-- a year! And we enjoyed a hotel room with a jacuzzi. It was fun. Now we've been there and done that and it's time for other adventures. Above is our first annual family photo in front of our current residence. I'm looking forward to seeing what changes are in store for us in future years!Last week was my childhood best friend's wedding in North East, PA. We enjoyed the ceremonies, lots of familiar grapes and wine in the wine country I call home and I was able to show Eric my childhood stomping grounds including the Erie Zoo.
I was surprised how often I repeated, "I used to dream about being a (panda bear, otter, etc.)... well, not really being the animal, but living in this cage..."

Oh, yeah. And a week before Mandy's wedding was my graduation. I am apparently now a master of divinity. Sounds good, right? ;-)

And finally, now as I apply to a variety of jobs that are so varied it cracks me up, I am trying to learn how to make new recipes. In the past week, I've learned to make Artichoke and Garlic Spaghetti, Thai Green Curry with Chicken and tonight's special, Spaghetti Squash and Scallops.

I'm feeling quite proud of my growing culinary skills and grateful for this moment in time.



No comments: