Recently I have been doing nothing more than occasional walks and I picked up a 5pd weight once in the past month. However my sister's wedding is in twenty days and I want to look better as a bridesmaid than I did at Amanda's wedding three weeks ago. So here's my goal: defined arms and calves for Katie's bridesmaid dress and maybe a washboard stomach for desired swimming in NH lakes. :-) I'll just consider the photos from Amanda's wedding my starting point and we'll see what happens.
This morning as soon as Eric left, I visited a website recommended to me months ago by Sherri called "ExerciseTV." I found this 21 minute dance video and completed it before Eric got to work. So instead of vegging in front of online tv, I've already exercised! And the coach in the video made me feel good about myself with her generalized compliments which I happily accepted. :-)
Also, this article discusses the benefits of movement for depression and stress. I wouldn't say I'm depressed right now, but stressed, yes. Just hoping to find a great job before Eric returns to school. So here's to online accountability to exercise.
Now off to the grocery store to stock up on fresh vegetables (spaghetti squash, spinach, tomatoes, onions), canned/frozen vegetables (artichokes, peas and carrots), chicken, beef, scallops and rice. I've been looking forward to making a few dishes all weekend (spaghetti squash and scallops, chicken curry, spinach and artichoke dip). These were all successful dishes early last week that I've been craving but I also need to keep adding dishes to my repertoire. Maybe something fruity!
And then I'll submit one more job application...
No comments:
Post a Comment