Saturday, March 31, 2012

Welcome to the 3rd Trimester!

I'm not sure if entering one's third trimester is actually an achievement worth celebrating because apparently the most difficult three months are ahead, but at least it means I'm getting closer to seeing our little man's face.

As is to be expected of first time mamas, I am full of a variety of thoughts and emotions:

I can't wait to hear him giggle and laugh.

I hope he's healthy.

What will Eric do will I'm in labor?

What will I do when I'm in labor?

When will little man make his appearance?

Will I be able to get him out of the house in a reasonable amount of time so I can enjoy adult conversation and keep working?

Imagine, in four months, changing diapers and breastfeeding will (hopefully) be normal.

I'm so grateful this stage in life is coming.

I might be crazy.

Hopefully he isn't colicky... but if he is, hopefully I don't go crazy.

Looking forward to enjoying salmon rolls and red wine again.

I'll be disappointed if he doesn't like the baby sling that I dream of carrying him in.

Hope he likes his name.

Hope I don't forget him somewhere.

The concerns go on and on.

Most of all, I want to be able to control my anxiety, make wise decisions, have a strong marriage and raise kids who love God and others.

No comments: