In fifteen minutes, I will have been baking this baby for 31 weeks! I feel like as I get closer to the finish line, I should stop to do a happy dance more often. Surely these next nine weeks or so are going to fly by. Time just doesn't stop moving and before I know it, I'm going to have a little boy to get to know.
Whereas it presently takes me a week or two to figure out which tiny baby outfits I can wash together so the colors don't bleed and how not to shrink the already impossibly small outfits, I am going to very soon need to get accustomed to throwing in regular loads of baby laundry including cloth diapers. At this point, I have no idea how I will be able to get out of the house in a reasonable amount of time with a daily baby to do list and I don't know how I'll be able to carry everything. Right now, I feel loaded down just carrying my laptop and Bible... how will I add a baby and diaper bag?!
I'm exhausted now even though I can sleep for 10 hours straight. What will it feel like to be recovering from giving birth while trying to appease, I mean care for, a newborn who doesn't know that nighttime is for sleeping?
Very soon a baby's going to come and I don't think I have any idea how different my lifestyle is going to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment