Saturday, September 27, 2008

Challenged Wondering

I did it. I finally gave up my favorite Folgers roast for a bag of Free Trade coffee. It felt great to know that my extra $2 enabled a worker in southern Mexico get fair wages.

I don't know about you, but I have an internal list of things that I want to do. Not a shopping list, but a "I'd feel better about myself if I'd ..." Buy Free Trade Coffee was on the list. Let's say that I'm feeling pretty good because I've accomplished three of those things in the past two weeks. World Awareness. Activism. My little part. In African American Religious Music, we've been studying about Richard Allen starting an African Methodist church in the late 1700s. What courage and passion it took for him to work to gain his own freedom and then to stand against racism to preach the gospel to slaves. How many amazing leaders fought for something that was illegal at the time. They saw a social wrong and fought against it despite personal sacrifices.

And I'm challenged wondering, what's my part? How can I please God?

No comments: