Friday, March 26, 2010

Clownin' Around

The past two weeks have been pretty rough with eight papers/presentations due. With wedding stress on top of everything, I was a mess this time last week as I tearfully doubted whether I would be able to fit into my wedding dress. Thankfully, Eric surprised me at just the right moment with Tricia and Shannon's surprise arrival from Pittsburgh and a surprise lingerie party the next day where my childhood best friend surprised me from D.C. We had a great weekend and I was able to re-prioritize and collect myself.

Then I started another week of due dates and expectations. As a hospital chaplain, I led a Catholic prayer service at the bedside of a wife/mother who had died in the middle of Monday night. On Wednesday and Thursday, I did research for the United Methodist Women. I also had the opportunity to sing with Drew's seminary choir and later rehearse with Mark Karris' band for his CD release party in April. Tonight, I preached a message for fifteen Southern Baptist teenagers. While teaching the kids about stress and the gospel imperative to "not worry about your life," I dressed up in a clown outfit and applied face paint in order to do a practice exercise with them as a silent clown.

WHO AM I?!?! Do you think I wear too many hats?

I think it's time to crash now.

But tomorrow morning, Eric and I are putting a deposit down on an apartment for May, getting fitted for our wedding attire and checking out the reception hall again... I don't have anything planned for Sunday...

P.S. I'm typing this as I sit in my clown outfit. I hope this face paint comes off...

No comments: