Saturday, September 18, 2010

A whole night!

Today is the twenty-third day that I've been out of the hospital and I have two accomplishments to announce: I slept through the night for the first time in two months last night (!!) and all my bruises from the numerous IV pricks have healed. No longer do I have tangerine-sized shading on the backs of both hands-- I can see the veins again and to be honest, I think despite Eric's disagreement, that the veins have rerouted around the points of trauma where nurses tried to put too much through small veins causing me much pain. So my healthy backs of hands are a testament to healing, as are the various other points on my arms where needles were placed.

I'm eating a lot, trying to "introduce" foods I haven't eaten in months and trying to gain back the twenty five pounds I've lost. Trying to find the balance between exercising to build muscle and develop stamina while still being able to make it through a day of work and classes which honestly exhausts me. I'm trying not to let anxiety get to me which is much helped by the encouragement and rational of my parents who are a wealth of wisdom, love and patience. I cringe at aches and pains about 50% of the time now wondering "What did I do wrong? Why does it feel this way?" as I come to accept the fact that humans don't feel great all the time-- gas bubbles are uncomfortable before they come out! I'm also getting tired of focusing on my health habits constantly. That's probably not a good thing since I need to be aware of my body, but maybe I can step away from being hyper-vigilant. That sounds like a good plan.

No comments: