In the midst of all this, Eric and I are learning that you're actually supposed to have a primary doctor, eye doctor, dentist and chiropractor in your area... I kept my NH doctors for the past eight years-- was I ludicrous!? If there were ever a problem, jeepers I was way too far away to get help when I was living in PA, NC, NJ, France, SD, etc. Wow, another lesson learned.
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Follow-up Appointment
Praise God! I had my follow-up appointment with the gastroenterologist and my hundreds of ulcers have healed!! It's time to start weaning off the steroids which will take about two months before I find another medication that will help my colon not be inflamed. I'm so thankful to hear that I've healed and that my discomfort is (sorry folks) just gas. I didn't have that for a month so it feels weird to have it now. Still on a diet but I can work things in slowly, all except uncooked veggies. It's a process but I'm so thankful that I can walk, can sit at a table to do schoolwork or to eat, can lift 17 pound babies (I finally got to see Sherri's family again!), and even help with the household chores. Every day gets better, especially today learning that indeed I'm doing a good job taking care of myself. Whew!! Thank you, Lord!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment