So Eric and I realized today that when I say I lost 20 pounds, that was pre-hospital, no-food-by-mouth for 24+ hours, etc. Thankfully, we agree that the goal is to gain strength, not weight. So we're measuring success by what I can physically accomplish rather than trying to regain my pre-sick weight. Two days ago, I took my first shower in more than a week. Yesterday, I took a shower, walked down the apartment hallway and stood at the sink for about 8 minutes to make instant mashed potatoes. And boy did I sleep hard. I could feel myself becoming one with the mattress and Eric said he had to make sure I was breathing I was out so cold. I wish I could say I'm enjoying eating whenever and whatever I want, but really I'm on a low-fiber, non-lactose diet and Eric refuses to buy me my most desired Chinese hot and sour soup and mac-and-cheese. I haven't even mentioned Starbucks...
Hard part at the moment, trying to safely build strength in order to make it to class next Tuesday and Wednesday from 1:15-3:45pm and desperately wanting Tuesday to come quickly when I'll run out of antibiotics. I want so badly to be healthy again.
No comments:
Post a Comment