Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Love in action


Nine months ago Eric asked me out. :-) A month ago, we celebrated Christmas together with a mini-tree, new stockings, shrimp dip, wine and shared traditions. We had no idea that in the next four weeks, he would move in to care for me 24/7, learn how to cook, force-feed me according to various specific diets that I detested, do my laundry, handwash dishes and keep me on a med schedule that again I detested, and all without the normal benefits of a relationship. Talk about seeing me at my worst, he's seen me without make-up, in a diaper, without a shower for a week, pale and unable to walk without assistance. May God bless him, he's looking forward to me regaining weight. And through it all, he's continued to be modest and not taken advantage of baggy hospital gowns, etc. I have so much respect and love for Eric. I don't think I would have survived without him. That's not even an overstatement.

While I'm still mostly bedridden, we can't do much today, but we're going to celebrate with his amazing bacon for breakfast. I can hear it sizzling right now. And at lunch time, I take my last dose of antibiotics. Praise God! Planning to make it to class and I have a couch staked out if I can't sit up for the whole class. This is a critical day, not just in our relationship, but may the symptoms please stop as I quit the antibiotics.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather,
I'mglad to hear you are making small steps in the right direction now. I'm sorry you've been so ill. However, sounds like you are in the care of a knight in shining armor. They picture you posted oa ya'll is so cute. We're keeping you in our prayers. Take Care! Love you,
Rhonda Lester

Affan said...

Aw I don't know what I'd do without Eric either yay! haha