Saturday, May 22, 2010

Last date and the last week before the wedding begins!

Eric and I had a great last date as an engaged couple. There's a special bridge in the woods about a mile or two from my apartment where Eric's taken me twice for our first date and for an anniversary. Each time he brought subs, soda, battery-operated tea lights and daffodils. Not wanting to copy his dates but wanting to return to the site, I found a map of the Loantaka Pond Reservation and printed it off with a circle around a parking lot we've never been to and an X on the bridge. When I picked up Eric after work, I drove past the entrance to the park that we typically use to find the parking lot on the map. Then I had Eric find the treasure map in the car and lead us to the X. It worked! I successfully pulled off the surprise after we walked about a mile from a different direction! I pulled out a sub from Subway with two Cokes from my backpack and just after I noted that "there should be more creatures in the water [under the bridge]," Eric spotted a large snapper turtle. After we ate, I gave Eric a letter I had written while I hoped that the mosquitos would bite me in places my wedding dress would show. Thankfully, I made it out of the woods without a bite. Whew. I had forgotten about the bugs. Then in order to make it as close as possible to a dream date for Eric, I pulled out his baseball gloves and a baseball to play in a field as he reminisced about his passion. :-)

Last night was Laura's bachelorette party and I secretly pretended it was mine which was great because I didn't need to be the center of attention but I could allow my pre-wedding bod to consume three drinks.

And now Tricia's on her way!! Eric and I'll pick her up in about two hours! I'm so thankful for Tricia. She has definitely seen me through my lowest lows and highest highs. In the past two years, she's driven from Pittsburgh on multiple occasions to take care of me in illness and to celebrate the wedding. I'm hoping that this visit can be relaxing for her despite it being the week before my wedding. So glad we have a week together!!



No comments: