We're done with so much of the wedding planning and I've almost moved out of my apartment. The last minute tasks include getting my engagement ring cleaned, printing off an activity book for the kids, organizing a game for the reception, confirming details with the caterer, greeting everyone as they come into town, packing the car with everything needed for the rehearsal, manicures and pedicures, a bachelor party and getting ready to pay everyone. We're slowly coming off the high of busyness and we've decided to try to be happier than we've felt recently due to stress.
Eric only has two more days of work before three weeks off. :-) Tomorrow after work, I'm going to take him on a date to one of our favorite places.
Although I'm thoroughly tired of saying good-byes at the end of the school year, Mom reminded me that I get to say hi to all the guests in a week. I'm excited about seeing so many friends and family in one place. Jenn and John are bringing their little man, Cameron, whom I haven't met yet. I have no idea how my head won't explode on the wedding day. It's SO EXCITING anticipating seeing loved ones, trying not to trip down the aisle, standing at the front of a sanctuary for an hour in high heels and a tight bodice, trying to get good photos, hoping everyone has a great time at the reception, hoping that the drinks aren't flat and that the food lasts, cleaning up and then our plans for the night before two weeks of vacation between NH and the Bahamas!!
I'm excited and thankful for the many blessings surrounding our wedding: Eric, flexible family and wedding party members and great musicians. I'm also glad that we will hopefully only ever do this once because it's a lot of work. Though I did have to stop myself from borrowing next semester's textbooks from the library this morning... how about you get married first, Heather?!
No comments:
Post a Comment