Day 11 on the Res:
Today, a truck from Minneapolis dropped off 1200 pounds of frozen food and Tree of Life distributed it to a crowd. I hope all those people can figure out how to thaw restaurant sized queso, tortilla dough balls, etc. Those were happy people to be getting a lot of food.
Today was also the first time I've ever hung my clothes out to dry. The dryer hadn't been fixed so I set up the line and hung everything with humility (my heppy-jeppies all up there on the line!) while mission team volunteers worked around the trailer to winterize it for Tree of Life. Apparently Sam, one of the native construction workers, chased down one of my white towels when it blew off the line. While in my imagination it would have been a funny scene to watch, I do appreciate his help. Sure enough, before all my clothes were dry, a volunteer had fixed the dryer. I actually like line drying them except for those obnoxious little white balls from the new towels that are now on everything. I'll just pretend I don't see them next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment