Day 8 on the Reservation:
Yesterday, Weatherbug said that all week was going to be beautiful. So imagine my surprise/terror last night at 5:15am when I woke up in a trailer propped up by cinder blocks to a wind and lightning storm. We don't have a tv, radio or the Internet over at the trailer so there was no way for me to see if there was a tornado. I wandered around the trailer for about twenty minutes before returning to my bed against an inside wall, trying to get my head as close as possible to the center of the trailer. By 7:30am, it was still drizzling and I walked down the street to the Tree of Life Ministry as lightning crossed the sky on three sides of the horizon and fresh blue skies brightened behind the trailer in the distance. The rest of the day has been beautiful but now Weatherbug says we'll have rain until Thursday. Whatever.
No comments:
Post a Comment