I'm presently sitting in a quiet apartment in Washington, PA waiting to visit Tricia at her school and observe her afternoon classes. (Yes, I should be writing a paper instead of this post, but c'est la vie!)
Thankfully, the high school lock-in went well, I was able to successfully move out of my apartment, enjoy fellowship with a few amazing seminary ladies and get safely to western PA this past weekend. And now I am so happy to be able to relax here. Eric, Arnold, Leslie and the rest of the Drew team are safely back from the safari in northern Uganda and will start flying home about 2am tonight. It's been a long two weeks since they left. My mind has been cluttered with wishes to be with them, hopes for their safety and a long to do list here in the states. I'm looking forward to seeing Eric soon and hearing stories about some of the people who are on my heart.
Before that happens, however, I'm going to enjoy a great day with Tricia and Shannon and then make a totally-out-of-the-way pit stop at Jumonville on my way to NJ. :-) And this coming weekend will be amazing when Eric and I get to travel to DC and NC to see a whole bunch of great friends. All of this fellowship is so good for my soul, especially before I take off for the flatlands of South Dakota for ten weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment