Smelly, dirty, germy, gross, loud, dangerous.
I'm not talking about dirty diapers-- I'm just offering my perspective of NYC.
I can't imagine living there and I definitely can't imagine raising children there. All day I was aching for a hot shower and disinfectant. I've started wondering where I'll be able to get a face mask when swine flu hits us in epidemic proportions this winter... My body's exhausted after last night's dance class and after carrying around a laptop all day in a bookbag as I hiked the city blocks trying to save money. But I'm thankful that I'm done with official responsibilities for a couple days.
I'm also thankful for a fiance who's learning how to cook some really great meals. :-) He's a keeper! (I know you're thinking, "Well, duh!")
1 comment:
Alive, real, vibrant, changing, intense, upfront, dynamic, full of possibility hope despair and emotion. Broken, but aware of both the possibility and need for redemption.
Don't disrespect my city, ok? Ha. Seriously though, there's beauty beneath the smelly, dirty, germy, gross, loud, and (only occasionally) dangerous exterior. Don't write it off too soon. God's plan started in a garden, but it ends in a city.
Post a Comment