I have enough experience with operating sound and lights as a theatre major to understand the importance of technology working flawlessly during performances in order to avoid detracting from the performers' hard work. Now as a chapel steward, I drive myself crazy trying to make the mics and lights just perfect. In the past month, I have had the following experiences:
Wedding #1: Lots of pre-recorded music cues that required fading. It went perfectly.
Wedding #2: Just turn on two mics for the duration of the ceremony. The deacon's wireless mic failed just as soon as the chapel had filled up with more than a hundred people. Then the other mic screeched... twice (once during the vows!). Failure.
Dress Rehearsal for a Play: Lights cues and two Power Point images were required. Since it was a rehearsal, I was able to work out the kinks and it was fine.
Alum Reunion Plenary #1 (today): Power Point and two mics were needed. After that second wedding, I was petrified about everything working well in front of two hundred professors, students and alum. Thankfully with a lot of prayer, a restless night and a two hour window to set-up, everything went well!!!!
Woot! I told my friend Summer that after this plenary, I would no longer have any stress in my life. She laughed and said, "That is until you have to choose flowers [for the wedding]!"
I'm going to sleep well tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment