Monday, March 2, 2009

Almost Perfect

What an almost perfect morning: Snow is falling on NJ, somehow the early spring birds are still chirping, Eric's sound asleep in the extra bed, I'm cuddled in my favorite green recliner with a cup of hot lemon-water and honey and the Tylenol's finally kicked in so I can ignore my sore throat and ear-ache for a few hours.

Spring break is next week and Eric and I are going to head up to NH to have Dad fix my throat and to relax at Mom's retirement house complete with a Wii, billards table and movies galore. I'm hoping there's snow so I can take Eric snow shoe-ing which is one of his dreams. Hopefully a few days in an empty house in the middle of nowhere will help me heal and Eric de-stress.

I've gained two pounds in the past month. A woman laughed at Eric and I giving each other high-fives as I stood on the scale in the gym. We've been to the gym more times in the past few weeks than the total number of times I went as an undergrad. It's great to have Eric point out muscles that have developed since I was skin and bones in the hospital. It's also great to be able to eat whatever I want to (when my throat doesn't hurt). Believe it or not, I actually haven't gotten back on coffee. I've probably only had four cups in the past few weeks. What's wrong with me? ;-)

No comments: