This past week was our spring break and Eric and I took off for NH to enjoy Mom's retirement house loaded with a billard's table and a Wii. We briefly went snowshoeing as snow gracefully fell, got all fixed up by Super Chiropractic Dad and enjoyed meals and icecream with my parents and Grandma as well as the games at Mom's house. One of the best moments was me falling asleep on the floor in a pile of blankets in front of the large screen tv playing August Rush as Eric worked on a painting a few feet away-- it was very bohemian.
On Thursday, we drove back to NJ so I could work at the church in the afternoon. Yesterday, we went to the art studio so Eric could continue working on his painting and then hit the gym before getting Chinese for dinner. At one point, Eric asked what I could do that night if anything were possible. I replied, "I wish I could appear at Tricia's apartment, watch a movie with her, talk girl talk and do our nails. What would you do?" "Drive you to Tricia's tonight," was Eric's response. Since that wasn't really feasible, he suggested instead, "How about tonight be a Pamper Heather Night-- we can get any movie you want, do your nails, we can talk and you can call Tricia." And we did. I enjoyed a bath, we ate Oreo's with chocolate milk and I didn't feel guilty falling asleep before the movie was over. Eric even liked the movie I picked out which wasn't as much of a chick-flick as was expected.
Today, we're headed to Ocean Grove, a UMC retreat center in NJ that I've never been to. If there were anyway I could find baseball cages along the way, it might give me the opportunity to express my appreciation to Eric.
No comments:
Post a Comment