Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Baseball, sore throats, gym, pencils

So we didn't go to Ocean Grove. With more thought, we realized that a day trip to the beach on a 30 degree day might not be the most enjoyable experience. Instead, we were both happy to visit the ball cages. Eric used to go there to hit balls as stress relief and I've found that I get pretty excited trying to hit baseballs at a timed pace. Then we stopped to look around at Barnes and Noble which is a calming ritual of my own. It was a great Saturday.

Since then, my throat has healed and Eric's has gotten worse. If you're fed up with hearing health reports, imagine how much we're sick of it. In the past three months, there have only been two days that the both of us have felt good. Yes, we are trying not to get too close with each other, but it hasn't been working-- I think the nasty germs keep jumping between us.

I've gained 2.5 pounds and become a queen of the gym. I'm tracking my food intake and work-outs. Sure it takes time, but at this point with only 3 academic classes, I'm able to focus on improving my health. Gotta take the opportunity when I can.

I'll try to brainstorm more interesting topics for another post. Oh, here's one:

My youth group kids have collected a whopping 2192 pencils and pens for the 602 students at the primary school I visited in Uganda last summer. We'll be mailing them on Friday!!

No comments: