Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Pretty Much Over

Eric and I have been slowly processing our experiences in January and February. While being very glad that it's pretty much over, I think we're starting to realize how bad it was. I've heard a couple people mention colonoscopies with lowered voices as if they're really terrible-- I had one and was only upset that I awoke and wasn't singing with the celestial choir. I had been in isolation because my roommate the first two nights had influenza-- and, praise God, Mom, Dad, Eric, my other visitors and I didn't catch it. I've barely gained any weight back which is probably related to me getting a sore throat and not eating a lot (I lost a pound in the past week, but the doctor said not to be obsessive about it). When I think about how proud I was to lift my arm to take papers from a professor, to stand at the sink to water my poinsetta, to walk up the stairs without stopping to rest, to be able to change my clothes and wear jeans rather than pj pants, to sleep through the night... Thank You, God, for carrying us through all of those challenges and please have mercy on those in pain today. Bless the doctors, nurses, attendants, care takers and loved ones who are striving to care for others. Thank You, God.

No comments: