Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Yay, worship!
Tonight's the first time I'll be leading youth as they lead a worship service. We've been prepping for it for about three weeks. The teens have noted that the goal of worship is "to demonstrate our love and appreciation to God" and "to build a connection with God." They've brainstormed what's structurally in a worship service, written a prayer and benediction, chosen the songs and prepared their testimonies to share as a witness to how God is transforming their lives. I did get frustrated on Monday, spending 2 hours trying to creatively make a bulletin, but otherwise, I am psyched about this time devoted to worship tonight. Even better, I've got this calm feeling-- no anxiety or fear like I often get with performances, public speaking, etc. Of course, the kids are a buffer since few people will complain about what their kids do, but I think it's going to be a great time to recognize how God is working in our lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment