- first time I could look over my shoulder when backing up the car (terrible, I know)
- first time I ate a whole piece of fruit
- first walk to campus and back (to get change- ugh)
- first time doing laundry in more than two weeks (I know, I know)
- first and second glasses of milk
- first non-soup meal (Dr. Dad recommended a spicy garlic Chinese dish to help clear out my senses and I had to oblige)
- first successful five hours of detox from pain killers and other perscription drugs
- first time I've thought about Starbucks
Can't say I've opened a textbook this afternoon, yet I think considering the above, I've been productive. Still a little fatigued and I have a monsterous cough that could petrify small children, but I'm about 65% better than I was earlier this week. Thank God because it hasn't been a fun ride.
Oh, and tradition goes in my life to publicly embarass myself whenever possible. And it continues. Yesterday, having not done laundry since I arrived two weeks ago, I put on track pants, rolled up to the knee with a t-shirt and sweatshirt. Since I wasn't feeling well, and was simply hoping to make it through my four classes, I thought this was appropriate... until chapel when I noticed the professors wearing their impressive, intimidating gowns and heard the word "matriculation" whispered through the halls. Yes, I signed the 140 year old matriculation book for all Drew Theological School students, in front of my new professors, peers and friends, during a formal chapel service wearing gym clothes.
And since it's the spring semester, there were only about seven others who were matriculating with me... welcome once again to my life....
No comments:
Post a Comment