Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Sickness Day # 4

Shay, another first year seminarian, wandered through our building asking for donations for me and apparently the conversations went like this:

"Hey, do you have anything for congestion or a cold?"
"Why, are you sick?"
"No, but Heather's got something bad."
"New Heather?!"
"Yeah, new Heather."
"What does she have? My mom's a nurse and I'll ask her for suggestions!"

And Shay returned to my room with a humidifier and AirBorne. Much appreciated!

Two nights ago, I woke up every four hours and would take more aspirin. Last night, I slept for full seven hours before waking up for more pain killers. My throat and ears hurt a lot right now but because I got nine and a half hours of sleep, my energy level is up a little bit more. Yesterday, I took three naps between four classes but today I don't have that luxury unless I can sleep during chapel choir. You may be asking, why doesn't that girl go to the doctor? Because my health insurance card is in priority mail. Hopefully it will arrive today.

Don't you hate it when you're sick and you read in books, "Sickness makes us appreciate good health..." Easier said after the fact...

No comments: