Monday, February 4, 2008
Imagine when I'm pregnant
Well, today was an unproductive day of necessary rest. Between sleeping, sucking on Cold-Eeze, sipping flu relief tea and a bath, I read one page of homework. I woke up feeling completely awful, barely able to breathe while walking to the kitchen but I knew I needed to get remedy supplies. Somehow I made it outside to my car covered in snow and to the grocery store where I slowly hobbled through the store and stocked up on the obvious goods: chicken noodle soup, Cold-Eeze, Day-quill and honey. Got in line where the woman checked each item. Wait, the Day-quill was labeled as $6.99 not $11.99 like she charged me. So I asked and she sent another worker back to check the price who confirmed the $12. Forget it, I'm not paying that much for it. So with border-line tears and frustration, I asked to get something else. I had to hobble all the way back to the pharmacy section and try again. Remember, I struggled with breathing when walking to the kitchen, so across the grocery store a second time was pushing it. Finally I made it home, covered the kitchen table with remedies and I'm on a two hour cycle of alternating Cold-Eeze with the flu tea. I think it's some type of bronchitus since it seems to just be in my lungs and esophagus. I can't imagine what I'll be like when I'm pregnant if I get this upset with a cold.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Heather,
I've been reading your blog. I am sorry you are feeling poorly. I hope you'll feel better soon. Take care!!
Rhonda Lester
Thank you, Rhonda! Not feeling better yet, but I have high hopes for the future and with enough aspirin, I can almost pretend I am better. I miss you and our Wednesday night conversations!
Post a Comment