Last night at midnight, I called Dad who just got off of work at 6pm EST. We both recognized a change in attitude. I think God really worked on me yesterday in a restoring way.
Memorizing a recommended Scripture verse;
Looking over the city at dusk Monday night with Nannan and Ytung;
Being able to laugh at the situation when I was reading a French children's book aloud with someone to practice my pronounciation (while thinking why do I think I can conquer this language?);
Learning that as soon as my French is better, I'll be expected to lead the university students' group biweekly;
Being reminded by Dad to ask God to teach me the words to say (which is the promise I'm walking with for this French adventure),
All these things reminded me that God is great and that He is with me. Honestly, how could I believe that God is crazy in love with His beautiful HOPE kids and is with them through their trials, and not believe that He does the same towards me.
Another thought (pardon for the rambling, but then I'll share a quick funny story that my Baptist friends may want to ignore ;-)
I found an article online yesterday about the psychological and emotional toll that is taken by AIDS orphans. About the questions of insecurity that they face in expectation of their parents' deaths, of the great necessity for young teenagers to be responsible for numerous younger siblings, of the likelihood that these children will continue the cycle by contracting AIDS. HOW CAN I POSSIBLY COMPLAIN ABOUT A SELF-INFLICTED LANGUAGE BARRIER WHEN THERE ARE CHILDREN IN THESE SITUATIONS? The pondering and seeking God's will for my role in all that continues.
Funny story: I wish I could have taken a photo of myself last night sitting in a church meeting with three others, four glasses and (whoops, Baptist friends whom I love dearly may want to stop reading now) a big bottle of champagne. One of the men had just gotten married last Saturday and was probaly trying to get rid of it, so they cracked it open with crackers and peanuts. Talk about a good church meeting. ;-)
1 comment:
"Weyull, I nevah!" (read with deep southern drawal and Baptist repugnance) ;-)
Funny girl. I miss you!
Cheers-
Amie
Post a Comment