Monday, September 17, 2007

It's About Time

I've finally done it. Here's now a blog about my experiences in France as was recommended months ago by the fine ladies at Faith Baptist.

Disclaimer: Crying Onion Tears is not intended to evoke images of me bawling in the solitude while in a foreign country. Not at all. Rather, it is a reference to an analogy I heard years ago that growing closer to God is like peeling an onion. You want to get rid of the papery skin to get to the good part of an onion but sometimes it causes you to cry. Likewise, growing closer to God by striving to strip away sinful tendencies is not always easy and may make us cry onion tears. That's not a bad thing. It's like a child's growing pains.

Now my family and friends can be updated at their convienence and I won't have to copy and paste updates into personal emails as often. If I happen to post often, it is probaly because there is a very convienent computer lab two floors down and this workaholic country girl with few required work hours is more comfortable on the web than wandering this foreign city where men have confronted me for my coffee (this morning) and I don't plan to spend much money. Did I mention I don't speak French well?

Regardless, please excuse my contemplations about the breakdown (hopefully) of prejudices, passions for neglected children, the desire to live my faith and debates about my next step in life. And since I often find myself in awkward situations, I will try to share them with a light spirit. If nothing else, hopefully this blog will allow my parents to know that I am alive.

1 comment:

Heather said...

So sorry, Cara! I should have elaborated about the man and the coffee-- he didn't get it. Unfortunately I don't feel too Christian before my first cup of coffee. Especially not to men who are accosting me.