Saturday, September 29, 2007

Today's a Big Day!

Weddings #2 and #3 of the year out of seven that I'm missing because I'm across a big pond.

FELICITATIONS to Erinne & Brian and Kendra & Chris!

Erinne and I worked together this summer and hit it off like long lost sisters with the same heart for neglected kids. Although the male HOPE staff might have been a little afraid of Brian because he's like a five time black belt, Brian and I hit it off well too.

Kendra and I met last year in The Miracle Worker. She played Annie Sullivan and I was Kate Keller. When the boy playing my step-son dropped out, Kendra recruited Christ to fill in. So what if the step-son is a couple years older than his step-mom? At least he had a southern accent. One of the best moments of the rehearsal process, besides Chris secretly telling me about his plans to propose, was when I attempted the accent in rehearsal, unfortunately only successfully (?) on the last line of a serious scene:
CHRIS: Kate, at least will you be my friend?
ME: Aahh ahhhmmmm.
After a few rehearsals, we were finally able to stop cracking up on stage after that line, but even in performances, Chris' eyes would twinkle and I'd try desperately not to break character.

I miss you all and wish that I could support you in person. Praying for you...

1 comment:

No Heroes Here said...

wow... Kendra found Jesus to act in your play? sorry... entertaining typo...