One of the good things about having Chinese friends in France is that we get to celebrate thrice as many holidays as usual. Happy Mid-Autumn, Everyone! We're feasting Chinese style for the next two nights recognizing the full moon and this ol' tale: Once there was a woman who abandoned her husband and as punishment, she was forced to life in (on?) the moon with a pet rabbit. On Mid-Autumn night (tonight), Chinese families gather and eat a round moon cake and promise not to abandon each other. At least, that's what I understand.
In other news, I bought my first baguette this morning for 0.47 euros (75 cents). I convinced myself to buy cous-cous and cheese rather than Pepsi and popcorn. And I had good 2 euro seafood (shrimp, crab, fish) pizza for lunch. I think I might be shrinking, I mean losing weight, because of all the walking I do between my third story bedroom and the rest of the city. But then again, French milk and cheese isn't skim...
1 comment:
Hehehehe... way to pray. Alas, you are attempting to learn french... and I mostly gave up on Tagalog by week 2, so perhaps paying attention would be good. :-P j/k. It'll come... seriously. And... my experience was... everything gets easier as you go. It just took time for me to adjust to culture/language/food/climate... everything. Be patient and forgiving with yourself as much as you are with everyone else.
Miss you! Keep in touch!
-Kenny
Post a Comment