It was a long weekend of various youth groups each night since Thursday and I accidentally made the mistake of "oui"ing ("yes"ing) too many uncomprehended questions so it looks like I have to go to another family's house for lunch today and apparently their son is going to give me a French lesson... but it's my day off and there's nothing I'd rather do than hide in the foyer and read English books. Granted, thus far, every family I've visited has been great, the introvert is ready to come out full force.
Thus, let's have some thankfulness time. I'm thankful for:
-Erik's last email which just made my day
-English books
-this computer lab
-the good, cheap Turkish food around the corner served by nice men
-a single bedroom
-comfortable sweatpants (am I getting desperate for ideas?)
-encouragement from Dad and Mom
-an invitation to dinner from a new friend, anonymously mentioned earlier
-youtube
-the Alps
-the coffee machine downstairs (I now spend 80 cents = approx. 1 dollar on coffee a day rather than 3.86 at Starbucks... P.S. John Hollenberger, I miss you being my supplier. Having learned that, please don't attempt to mail me a JavaChip frap because I don't think it'll work although of course I would have enjoyed it. :-)
(my attitude is getting better already)
-no broken limbs
-a check remimbursing me for food which I just need to figure out how to cash
-the ability to learn
**The fact that God loves me dispite my inadequacies.
During one of the youth group meetings that I wasn't understanding, I tried Kenny's suggestion to pray in the midst of unrecognizable language (good idea, especially when it's not directed at you). Then I started thinking, I should make a list of the things that I've accomplished so that I can remember that I'm not completely an idiot. First, I have a B.A., made Dean's List, deaned HOPE camp, started an a capella group, got my GS Gold Award, always got good grades, ... ah, wait a second. None of that really matters. The most important thing is that God loves me. Not because of what I've done, but because I'm His child. And you can't take that away from me. Not even in France by insisting that everyone speak French to me.
1 comment:
Miss Heather
What is your email address.
Funny story, last night John and I went to starbucks and on the way home, he goes, I wonder if they have Starbucks in France, otherwise, poor Miss Heather.
You are loved.
Post a Comment