Monday, October 1, 2007

Desperate for Ideas

Apparently I disappointed the French when I brought a salad last weekend to the students' fellowship. Apparently my strenuous attempt to make caesar salad w/o 5 euro dressing, but with meat and cheese was a disappointment. They want something American...

#1 Almost everything that is American originated from another country.
#2 Peanut butter (an American staple costs way too much)
#3 No one told me that representing my country by cooking was a requirement of this position.

If I'm not fretting about my French, then I'm meal-planning for the next fellowship gathering.

COOKING IS NOT MY DEAL!

Sure experimenting last year with Tricia was cool and I got pretty good at fried chicken, stir-fry and salsa, but cooking for 15 stresses me out. Oh, brother, this was an unexpected struggle.

If anyone has any ideas, please please suggest them and attach a recipe if possible.

P.S. I only have 1 pot and 1 skillet...

1 comment:

The Sexton Crew said...

Oh come on, Heather. Just make french fries. What's more American than that?

=)Amie