Tuesday, October 16, 2007

VISA pending...

VISA Update: This morning during my appointment to hand in my documents to extend my VISA, the officials noticed the blatant error (DC gave me a student's VISA but I'm not a student and I don't have an acceptance letter from a university). Yet, they collected my documents, wrote VISITOR in red on the application and told me to come back Friday afternoon to find out if it is okay... "C'est bizarre... Oui." Apparently Americans are not the ones French want to keep out of their country, so they may be willing to botch the system a little.

My plan: If I get the VISA to stay till July, I'll start planning a trip to Ireland. If I don't get the VISA and I have to leave by Nov. 2nd, I'll start planning a trip to Ireland, then maybe see if Ryanair flies cheaply to Zambia, then head home. All on the last traveler's check I have left. Big dreamer maybe...

No comments: