Monday, January 28, 2008

Combining forces

There is a happy young lady at the other side of this post. Yesterday was the best Sunday I can remember, brunch with Pete (who had driven down from Maine), Kristin and Luis, my first work-out in eight months and then a new contemporary worship service with Kristin and Luis, then hanging out with Sarah, Eric, Pawel, Chris and Ren in Spirituality House. Not only were these great activities (although my stomach's so sore I can't laugh or sneeze), I appreciate seeing these friends again knowing that a few months ago, I was in France, unsure I'd ever see them again. I don't want to take for granted these friendships before everyone spreads out across the world.

Lots of errands to run today before classes start tomorrow.

Did I mention my two new friends from the theo school? At orientation, I introduced myself, "Hi, my name's Heather and I don't know what I'm doing here. I don't know exactly which profession I am preparing for at this point but my BA's in theatre and psychology." The woman next to me said, "Hi, my name's Eshay and I'm a dance minister. I teach people how to pray through movement." Wow, okay. Next, the young man next to her, "Hi, my name's Djore and I just graduated from Juillard in May. I'm the director of the Marble Collegiate Church (whose CD I have!) and I want to be a music minister." ... As soon as everyone was done introducing themselves, I leaned over to Eshay and Djore and said intently, "We need to combine our forces." Oh, baby, am I excited about spending time with those two. Unfortunately, they both commute, however, we'll have classes together.

No comments: