A year ago today, I handed in my first "I'm planning to quit" letter to the high school where I was working my first "real" job.
Today, I'm getting ready to go in debt by starting at seminary but reminding myself that God will provide.
A year ago today, I was back in North Carolina having spent New Year's Eve sleeping on the floor of a chapel in New Jersey because nearby hotels were much too expensive.
Today, I'm trying to settle back into my mom's house having spent New Year's Eve watching the ball drop by myself before sleeping in my own bed.
A year ago today, I was hoping to work full-time at Starbucks in Wake County, NC.
Today, I'm hoping to work part-time at Starbucks in Madison, NJ.
I've traveled to Iceland, Norway, France and Ireland this year.
I've slept in a tent on the NC beach, an apartment, a cabin, a Norwegian house and apartment, a monastery in Strasbourg, a chateaux in the Alps, an old French convent with 98 other girls, another chateaux in Lyon, a tiny Parisian hotel, my grandparents' house, a closet, and my own bedroom in the past year.
I swam in a Norwegian fjord, rock climbed in the Alps, rode a bike 25 km down from a village in the Alps, watched paragliders at the world's largest paragliding festival, ate chicken hearts, donkey and kangaroo, befriended young people from China, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Canada, Spain and Estonia this fall.
Who knows what this next year will bring? May God lead...
No comments:
Post a Comment