I woke up this morning with a wild curly fro hoping that it'd settle down during the hour drive before meeting with the district superintendent about possible opportunities concerning employment in the future. Ten minutes before the meeting, I exclaimed, "I need a haircut before I go back to school!" I went in with a barrette pulling most of it off my face, mentally pretending I was bald.
I managed to hold back tears discussing my cluenessness about the future which I consider a great success even if my voice was a little weak. Maybe today is just on my 2-week cry cycle.
Later, I bought kitchen supplies so I can host dinner guests at seminary and offer them proper silverware rather than chopsticks like I did last year. If I have to have it, it might as well be aesthetically pleasing. Everything from skillets to measuring cups are either black or red. I'm ready for a cook-off if anyone's interested. Can we pretend we're part of that chef competition?
Besides one last doctor's appointment, a one day women's retreat and an obligation to watch new members' kids after church on Sunday, I've got nothing left to do besides pack. Not a very good schedule for a work-a-holic... Like you, Amie, hopefully I can step away from the TV. I really do hate that box but it's so temptingly brainless. Maybe I should write a book list and pretend it's my fifth grade summer vacation again...
1 comment:
You can do it Heather! Ignore the wonderful feeling of being mindlessly numb in front of the tube. It is quickly destroyed by the "I am such a loser" feeling that follows.
We will pray for quick adjustments to this new adventure. Oh, and for the record, I AM the Iron Chef. ;-)
Love you!
Post a Comment