Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Find the good

Best misinterpretation of the week:

French J was seriously discussing matters to me and said in English, "The problem is with your incentive." My ex-TFA quills pricked up in defense. "It's not a small problem. It's a big problem but hopefully it will be fixed by the end of the week." I pondered how my criticized incentive could be fixed by Friday... He meant "inscription". The visa. And I grinned through the rest of his one-sided conversation in French.

In other news, the weekend was alright. I enjoyed being a participant and the lack of pressure to lead activities in French, but felt just a bit awkward being grouped with 14-18 year olds all of whom are younger than the seniors I taught last year... Also awkward, "Do you have any brothers or sisters?" "Yes, my little sister is 22 and my little brother is 20." ...

Recommendations of the day: If someone wants to take a break-year from school to volunteer, do it before the BA. Realizing how little I'm expected to do (minus learning the language) is disappointing... 2nd recommendation of the day: Do more research before saying yes. 3rd recommendation: Find the good. 4th recommendation: Amie Sexton, update your blog. ;-)

No comments: