Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Coeurs de poulette

Nannan Ying, Félix Delhomme and I had a Chinese dinner together tonight. What a blessing to sit with a Chinese and a French friend and enjoy a meal. I can't get over how far away we've grown up from each other, yet how well we get along. I'm going to miss these guys.

For the menu (thanks to Nannan): soup with beef and mushrooms, ham and green pepper plate, chicken and zucchini plate and (my favorite) a spicy dish of "coeurs de poulette" with hot peppers... chicken hearts. I even helped prepare them by cutting them in half while they were raw. Exciting, interesting adventure, huh? They were pretty good but my brain keeps asking my stomach, "Did you really just eat chicken hearts?" Starting a formal French dinner at 8pm means my belly is still full for bedtime now at midnight.

Haven't heard from a certain friend living in Paris about whether I can visit this weekend, so Félix and I made plans to go together on Friday night. Both of us are praying that the train strikes don't prevent us from getting to Paris. If T doesn't email me soon, I'll stay at the same hotel as Félix. So glad to have two plans involving friends so I won't be completely lost and alone in Paris.

Game plan:
Tomorrow: Food pantry. Say goodbye to Alison and Meg, my favorite English women. Buy the train ticket. Say good-bye to four foyer girls who are going to Prague. Close my bank account. French lesson. Dinner with Nannan and Tching. Student group, of which only Félix knows I'm leaving. Desperate Housewives with Nannan to wind down the day.
Friday: Finish packing and moving the volunteer things to the church. Train to Paris at 7:30pm.
Saturday: Louvre?!
Sunday: Notre Dame for mass?!
Monday: Fly to Boston. Wait six hours for Mom. Drive home to NH.
Tuesday: Meet up with Katie and Jamie and drive to PA (12 hours).

It's kind of hard to pack for a weekend in Paris and an indefinitely long visit to PA including an expected funeral...

No comments: