Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Part of His Plan

I'm back in the states as of 3:30pm yesterday!

The keyboard's different again, so hopefully I'll have the patience to type out as much as I want to say...

Gramps is still alive! (full of good news, huh?) He's probably holding out till Thanksgiving when the whole family usually gathers.

Had a fantastic weekend with Felix in Paris. With his sister, Nina, we visited Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower, Champs de Elysees, Arc de Triomphe and the Louvre. Photos will come eventually.

Funniest moment: I pushed back my short hair with a bunch of hairpins, one of which fell out while we were walking under the Eiffel Tower. Felix was horrified as I turned back to pick it up. After I explained that it was my hairpin, he said, "I thought it was a bolt and that the tower was falling apart!' ;-)

Best moment: getting a friendly hug from Felix with three bisous de Valence when we were saying "see you later" at the train station. Since I'm not accustomed to bisous and French Felix isn't used to hugs, mixing the two cultures this way was a perfect "not goodbye".

And NH's first snow is today. It's sticking to the ground with a small accumulation of 3 inches. A sweet bienvenue home as long as we have safe travels to PA tonight. Hopefully we'll join the rest of the family tomorrow afternoon.

Thank you to all of those who've been supporting me through encouragement and prayers. I don't think this chapter of my life is closed having returned from France. I have a feeling God was purposely leading me there for a short time so that I'd be able to return now to help Grandma. It's part of His plan.

No comments: