Sunday, November 11, 2007

Homebound at last.

I'm coming home. It's been a really long weekend of ups and downs, but I learned that Gramps is really not doing well and my family is planning his funeral. God has mercifully granted me laughter and quality time with friends, as well as my first worship service in English since I arrived in Europe almost three months ago, between the tears, confusion and questioning. While we had planned that if anything happened, I could remain in France, now that it's actually happening, I don't want to grieve alone. I'm looking forward to seeing my mom's side of the family gathered in PA next week.

I have a lot of thoughts, some of hilarious moments from this weekend and some about what's going on with Gramps, but I'm too exhausted to write them now. I have a lot to do this week, including trying to get the money back for signing me up as a student. God works in mysterious ways that I am trying to appreciate.

3 comments:

The Sexton Crew said...

I'm sorry about your grandfather. I'm sorry that you are having to make hard choices because of hard circumstances. I'll stop there because saying that I'm sorry you're coming back to the states would be a BIG lie. =)

Amie

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather -- Ron Millender from Faith here. Just learned about your blog from the Sexton's blog. I didn't get a chance to get up to speed on what you're doing. I am sorry to hear about your grandfather. We will be praying for your family and for your safe travel. Blessings to you!

Heather said...

Thank you for the prayers, Ron. It's been a crazy month and this tops it, but I'm glad to be heading home.